Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A brief history and welcome to my blog!

Greetings to all who read this,

My name is Jason Elliott, and at the start of April, 2016, I officially moved on what so far has been a very unique journey. With matching advice from both my Therapist, and then also my wife, I decided to officially become a Game Consultant. What does that mean? I am willing to play a game (in any form) and review it, comment on it, help tweak it, become proficient in its playing, and teach it to others. I have found so far that people are interested in hearing/reading/watching what I have to say. It is very humbling to have this happen so quickly.

My first memories of games range from being taught the original First Edition Dungeons & Dragons when I was ten (1987) to things like playing Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, The Legend of Zelda, and Dragon Warrior on the original 8 bit Nintendo Entertainment System around the same time (the system with the core games was a gift during the Christmas of 1987 in our house. Along with this was the Coleco Vision Pong System, and the Atari 2600. I would receive Nintendo Power issues, watch adventure cartoons such as The Smurfs, Land of the Lost reruns, Voltron, Dungeons & Dragons the Animated Series, Kidd Video, and Captain N The Game's Master.

All of this started my love of games, along with the times that my Dad would join in with me, or we would take turns, beating Gauntlet together, taking turns on the Dragon Warrior series, and so on. It would continue into High School, where the Super Nintendo, Axis & Allies,  Risk, and Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition would take up most of my free time with my friends. The collecting, playing, analyzing, and creation of games has always been near and dear to my heart, and now I share that with the public.

I am fortunate enough to share this gaming now with my wife Stephanie, son Arnold, and daughter Talia, who share the same love as me. They help me understand games in ways that otherwise would not be accessible to my perception of the world. It is through them my love has grown, in so many ways, and it is with their support all of this continues.

So far, I have made new friends, new connections, and have been able to play new games because of this, and I thank you for the support you show just by sharing this journey with me. Please enjoy my view of the Gaming World as you read this blog.

I am ever Ready To Game!

Welcome!
-RET. SSG Jason L. Elliott

1 comment: